Sunday, October 24, 2010

Back to the ICW

A Post Script from Washington.  I don't know if I would have ever thought of Karl as the kind of person who would give you the shirt off his back (but then few people fall into that category).  Especially since we haven't seen each other for four or five years.  So imagine my surprise when Karl showed up at our boat today with a dozen pairs of shorts for me!  Only a few of you will understand the significance of this, and since I don't want to embarrass one of the 4 beings on the boat, that's all I'm saying.  But I will say that Karl has much better taste in clothing than I do so now I have some decent clothes to wear.  And since it was 80 degrees today Karl's gift came at a perfect time.  Even Sue was wearing shorts and a T-shirt today - not too bad for the last week of October.

Richard, Treva, Karl, Sue, Micaela, & Rylee.  We had to make sure that Micaela didn't cat nap Fluff when she left.

Sue, sailing, sunshine, and shorts!

3 Comments:

At October 25, 2010 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Harmers said...

Enjoying your blog! So glad to hear you are enjoying warm weather and good friends. At some point, give us an evaluation on your anchor. We have the same anchor - so would love to hear your experiences with it.

 
At October 26, 2010 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Eileen said...

Twelve pair of shorts? Why twelve pair? Like maybe you will change them? Obviously Karl has not seen you for a long time.

I like the photos. Where is the foul weather gear?

Kaleidoscope rests comfortably in her cradle. After a beautiful several days that season is OVER in these parts! Off to Sturgeon Bay this coming Sunday...

Harold

 
At October 27, 2010 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Eileen said...

I should have been along THAT day...although I would have had to borrow a pair of your new shorts to sit alongside Sue and sun myself! (Hadn't packed shorts when we traveled with you...and I certainly didn't need them then!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home