Thursday, November 4, 2010

Yet another interesting day...

We got up bright and early - actually it wasn't bright, and it was after 7:00.  We had intended to leave around 7:30 or 8:00 and get to Charleston.  As I looked out I though the ports were fogged up with condensation.  There was fog all right, but it was outside!  We could maybe see a quarter mile, or as Matt says, "less than perfect" for visibility.  We decided to wait for things to clear, though as we waited we saw boats crawling by in the ICW.  Around 10:30 we figured it was clear enough to leave; though by then the tide was falling.  We ended up spending the whole day motoring at low tide, and I do mean low!  At one point I saw 6.8 feet - we need 5.5 - so we didn't have much room for error.  We saw lots of 9 and 10 foot water, and when it showed 12 or 14 feet we were really relieved.  And the whole time we were dealing with navigating in the shoals the big power boats kept whizzing by.  It also rained for a while, with a little thunder and lightening.  We did see a few dolphins, though no good pictures yet.

I think I have made a change to the blog so people can comment without registering, or having a Google account.  I'm not sure if/how it works, but I know some of you have e-mailed wondering about posting comments.  I have also added a button that allows you to e-mail blog posts to people, though I'm not sure why you would want to.


Our anchorage 2 nights ago - a cypress swamp (though no swamp creatures.)

This morning.  The other boat was maybe 100 to 150 yards away.

I've never paid for a shower by the foot before.
I

4 Comments:

At November 4, 2010 at 8:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Showers by the foot is weird, but it's good that it's hot and private!

I'm trying the Anonymous commenting - it works nicely! Thanks!

Chris

 
At November 5, 2010 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I'd try a comment also - believe it or not, I'm the techy in the family, but Jack wants to comment if I can make it easy for him! Here goes....

Dody

 
At November 5, 2010 at 9:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I can't think of a comment to that sign that would make it past the censors, so I'll just shut up. For once.
Jack

 
At November 5, 2010 at 11:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's my try for a comment: $1.25/foot for a shower? What do they measure?

Harold

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home