Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Running aground near Charleston, Part II

From Sue Monday morning,
The plan was to move farther north today but yesterday I woke up with pain in my chest.  It wasn't bad and I ignored it most of the day, as it seemed like a muscle pull.  However, it seemed to get worse after dinner and it seemed I could feel shooting pain every time I moved and I just couldn't seem to take a breath without it hurting.  I eventually called a local hospital and the on-call nurse said it didn't sound cardiac, but that I should come in anyway.  After hunting up a taxi we arrived about 10:00 PM.  They did several tests and pronounced me healthy but attributed the pain to the fall down the companionway a few days ago when we grounded so hard.  It's odd that I had no bruises or pain at that time but that it showed up now.  Anyway, the doctor recommended taking it easy for a day, so we are still sitting here in Wrightsville Beach.

From Richard, after the fact,
In the "It's a small world" department:  The receptionist at the ER is from Marquette, in the UP.  Our nurse's husband is from Pinckney, about 20 miles from Saline, and the doctor is a sailor who was part owner of a sailing school in Wrightsville Beach.  We got back to the boat around 1:00 in the morning so an early departure for points north wasn't going to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home